It features a note (memo) function that can be used from Top Page or Sidebar.
Using TOAST UI Editor, it can be edited in WYSIWYG format (edit as seen) and Markdown format.
1. Editing in WYSIWYG format
WYSIWYG mode is an input form close to Office's Word.
When copying and pasting a web page or an image, the format is retained as it’s entered.
Input results are saved each time.
The tool button at the top of the editor has the following functions.
Headings・・・ Change the font size for heading
- Text color
Strike ・・・ Add strike through to character
Line ・・・ Insert divider line
Blockquote ・・・ Changed to quotation typeface
- Ordered list
- Task ・・・ Add checkbox
- Insert image
- Insert CodeBlock
2. Edit in Markdown format
Markdown mode has input function and preview display function in markdown.
The following 2 buttons are added to the toolbar on the editor. - Change Markdown Preview Style ・・・ Switch Tab and Vertical preview modes - Switch Line Wrapping ・・・ Toggle setting of whether to collapse rows at the end of the window
Switching to preview mode via the tab enable you to create simple text like that in a notepad.
In markdown mode, the following keyboard shortcut can be available.
- Ctrl-F / Cmd-F ・・・ Start searching
- Ctrl-G / Cmd-G ・・・ Find next
- Shift-Ctrl-G / Shift-Cmd-G ・・・ Find previous
- Shift-Ctrl-F / Cmd-Option-F ・・・ Replace
- Shift-Ctrl-R / Shift-Cmd-Option-F ・・・ Replace all
- Alt-G ・・・ Jump to line
In addition, switching to markdown mode allows you to edit the document after converting html and after pasting in WIYSIWYG mode.
3. Make a note of the selected range
If you select text on the webpage and select "Add to Note" from the right-click menu, then the selected content is transferred to the notepad and the tab is opened.
4. Output function to text format
By pressing the "Save" button or "Save As Text" button, you can save the note you created as a text file.
- With the "Save" button, the file is output in Markdown format.
- With the "Save As Text" button, file is output in Plain Text format.